Please read this agreement carefully. When you sign the agreement form, you accept the conditions of the rental agreement listed in this document.
If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with, please ask any member of staff at the location from which you rented the vehicle.
- Website Image Representation
The images used on this website are for illustrative use only. Whereas on almost all vehicles the images are accurate, on some models colours may slightly vary. You can phone us at any point with any queries as to the exact model you would receive.
- Rental Period
You will have the vehicle for the rental period shown in the agreement. We may agree to extend this rental period but this may never exceed 30 days.
If you do not bring the vehicle back on time you are breaking the conditions of this agreement. We can charge you for every day or part day you have the vehicle after it was due back. We will charge the rate as shown on the website.
- Your Responsibilities
- You must look after the vehicle and keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it. You must always protect the vehicle from bad weather, which may cause damage.
- You must always use the correct fuel.
- You are wholly liable for damage to the roof or upper part of the vehicle caused by hitting low-level objects.
- You must not sell, rent, loan or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts.
- You must not give anyone legal rights to the vehicle.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without our prior permission. If we do permit this, we would require a valid receipt for work carried out.
- You must let us know as soon as you become aware of any defect to the vehicle.
- You must return the vehicle back to the place where we agreed during the opening hours displayed at the rental location. One of our staff must see the vehicle to check that it is in good condition. If we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside business hours, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until it is re-inspected by a member of our staff.
- You will have to pay for repairs if the vehicle needs more than our standard valeting (cleaning), or you have damaged the inside of the vehicle, or if you have damaged or lost any part of the vehicle.
- You must check before you bring the vehicle back that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
- Our Responsibilities
We have maintained the vehicle to at least the manufacturer’s recommended standard. We undertake that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for renting at the start of the rental period. In addition to the above, if you are not renting the vehicle for business purposes, we are responsible if we break the conditions of the rental agreement in the following ways; the vehicle does not correspond to our description of it; the vehicle is not of the quality that you would be entitled to expect from a rental vehicle; the vehicle is not fit to drive; we do not have the right legally to rent out the vehicle. We are not responsible for any indirect or unforeseeable loss or damage. (Indirect losses are the losses, which are caused by a side effect of the main loss or damage). Foreseeable losses, which are the losses arising directly from, for example, and the vehicle breaking down (such as the cost of repairing the vehicle or arranging other transport). You or we may not foresee other losses and so, if you want to be able to claim for such losses, we recommend that you arrange insurance.
We are not liable for loss or damage to any property left, stored or transported by the hirer or any other person in or upon the vehicle either before or after the return thereof to ourselves. The hirer hereby agrees to hold us harmless from, and indemnify us against all claims based upon or arising out of such loss or damage unless caused by our negligence.
- Conditions for using the vehicle
The vehicle must only be driven by the person named overleaf, or by anyone who authorises in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full valid driving licence and not be prohibited by law from obtaining such licence.You or any authorised driver must not do any of the following: Carry passengers for hire or reward/ Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose/ Use the vehicle for racing or testing the vehicles capabilities or teaching someone to drive/ Use the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs/ Carry a number of passengers and or baggage which would cause the vehicle to be overloaded or in the case of a commercial vehicle, a payload exceeds the maximum payload and or individual plated weights all for a purpose which requires an operators licence where you do not have one/ Drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland unless we have given permission in writing and appropriate charges paid.
We work out our charges using or current price list, you will pay the following charges.
- The rental and any other charges we work out according to this agreement.
- Any charge for loss or damage as explained above.
- A re-fuelling charge if you have not replaced the fuel as what was in the vehicle supplied.
- On demand all fines and court costs for parking, traffic or other offences (including any costs, which arise when the vehicle is clamped). You must pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs. If you do not, you will be responsible to pay our reasonable administration charges, which arise when we deal with these matters.
- On demand the full cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle if it is damages or stolen (even if it not your fault)
- On demand a loss of income charge. We will charge you this if we cannot rent out the vehicle because: It needs to be repaired, or it is a write-off (can’t be repaired). We will only charge you for loss of income if we cant recover the losses any other way. We will charge you the daily rate. We will always do everything we can to make sure that the vehicle is repaired or
- we will get payment as soon as possible.
- On demand , any charges made by the Customs and Excise as a result of seizure of the vehicle by them, together with a loss of income charge whilst the vehicle is unavailable for rental.
- Any published rates for delivery and collection of the vehicle.
- Interest which we will add everyday to any amount you do not pay us on time, at a rate of 4% a year above the base leading rate of Barclays Bank from time to time
- Value Added Tax and all other taxes on nay of the charges listed above, as appropriate.
- You are responsible for all charges, even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them.
- Our Insurance
If we arrange separate insurance, we will give you separate information on the insurance cover and/or restrictions which may apply. Otherwise the condition of our influence (including any waivers of liability) will apply, as indicated by your acceptance of them by ticking (initialling) the appropriate box when signing the document..
- We have the legal responsibility to have insurance to meet the RA requirements. This provides cover for claims made if you injure or kill any 3rd party, whilst driving our vehicle, or damage to their property (subject to a minimum cover of £250,000)
- We will provide cover for loss or damage to the vehicle if you have indicated your acceptance by initialling the appropriate box overleaf. if you accept this you will have to pay the responsibility amount every time you damage the vehicle.
- We will provide cover for theft and damage to the vehicle caused during an attempted theft if you have indicated your acceptance by ticking the appropriate box over the page. If you accept this, you still have to pay the responsibility amount if the vehicle is stolen.You can get details of our minimum legally required insurance programme (including the main exclusions) from the location where you rented the vehicle.
- Your Own Insurance
You may arrange your own insurance with our agreement by ticking, or initialling the appropriate box overleaf for the full duration of the rental as long as you can prove that this insurance is valid and have signed confirmation overleaf. We have to approve the amount of cover you arrange, the type of policy and the insurer you have chosen. We must be satisfied with cover and policy conditions and you must not change them subsequently without the consent. We may ask insurers to record our name as owners of the vehicle. If the vehicle is damaged or stolen you will let us negotiate with the insurer whether the vehicle can be replaced or what compensation is due to us. You are financially responsible to settle any costs if the policy you arrange fails and the vehicle is damaged, lost, stolen or claims made by other innocent party.
- What to do if you have an Accident
If you have an accident you must not admit responsibility. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. You should also make the vehicle secure, tell the police if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible and call our nearest office straight away. You must then fill out our accident report form and send it to the rental location to which you hired the vehicle from.
You agree that we may use any information you have given us to carry out our own market research. If you break the agreement we can give this information to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who can pass it on to any of its members for any purpose shown in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Ending the agreement
If you are a customer we will end this agreement straight away if we find out that your goods have been taken away from you to pay off your debts, or a receiving order is made against you. We will also end this agreement if you do not meet any conditions of this agreement.If you are a company, we will end this agreement straight away if, you go into liquidation, you call a meeting of creditors, we find out that your goods have been taken away from you until you pay off your debts, or you do not meet any of the conditions of the agreement.If we end the agreement it will not affect our rights to receive any money we are owed under the conditions of the agreement. We can also claim extra costs from you if you do not meet any of the conditions of this agreement. We can repossess the vehicle and charge you if we do this.
- Governing Law
The law of the country in which it is signed govern this agreement. Any dispute may be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that country.In certain cases the renting company reserves the right to appoint an Arbitrator